Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Banoffee Pie!


Today, while roaming the endless pages of Pinterest, I discovered the most amazing looking pie EVER. Had to try it, the banana toffee pie, should be tasty. Lets start an adventure!








Made the graham cracker crusts (totally easy) and filled them with bananas! Just wish that I had the right size pie plate, but a girl's got to work with what she has.







 
Boiled the can of sweetened condensed milk for 2.5 WHOLE HOURS! I thought for sure it was going to explode or something! Thankfully, it didn't and now it just needs to cool!












Ok I admit I was a little weary of this science experiment, but it came out amazing! Confession: I licked the knife after. 









Mistake number one: Didn't thaw out the whipped cream. Zapping it in the microwave in hopes of being able to use it faster.



Mistake number two: Put it in the microwave for too long. Oh well, still works, just has to cool and get thick again!




Mission Accomplished!! Just wish I had some chocolate shavings to sprinkle on top! Thanks Brooklyn Limestone for introducing me!
Firsts
Graham Cracker Crust
Making Dulce de Leche out of Sweetened Condensed Milk


No comments:

Post a Comment