Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes

There is a recipe going around the web for a cake with only 2 ingredients: mix and a can of pumpkin. I figured the best way to go about this was to mix it up a bit and make some Thanksgiving cupcakes instead!


Mix the can of pumpkin with the cake mix, I used yellow cake mix. Then I added some pumping spice, ok I added A LOT of pumpkin spice, the more the better I say!




I have to admit- I added a little brown sugar to the mix as well, what can I say I'm a sucker for sugar!




You continue as you would when you make regular cupcakes, preheat the oven to 350 degrees and scoop mix into paper cups, easy peasy.


Then go ahead and throw them in the oven! It took mine about minutes to look perfect.


Meanwhile: Mix which ever frosting you prefer with some cinnamon and put in the fridge to thicken up.




Did the clean knife test on one of them and brought them out to cool.




* Reminder: Cupcakes MUST cool completely or else the icing will melt and it will be a total disaster. Patience is key.


Time to frost them! I cannot do any kind of fancy frosting but have fun with it! Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment